I hade a customer that had an issue with their SCVMM environment when they synced updates from WSUS they got all catalog items in Swedish instead of English. The customer really wanted their catalog items to be in English so I started to look for a solution.
After some investigation I found that their windows installation was made in Swedish and there for the service account in SCVMM also had it’s regional settings sett to Swedish. This was the cause for their issue! But how do you fix it so that catalog items get in the right language again?
This is how you do it:
- Remove the Update Server from SCVMM
- Close the SCVMM console
- Stop the services “System Center Virtual Machine Manager” and “System Center Virtual Machine Manager Agent” on your SCVMM server
- Log on to the SCVMM server with the account that runs the “System Center Virtual Machine Manager” service.
- Go to the control panel and region
- Change the formats to English, see picture
- Log of from the server with the service account
- Start the services “System Center Virtual Machine Manager” and “System Center Virtual Machine Manager Agent” on your SCVMM server
- Log in to SCVMM console and add the WSUS server as a Update Server and sync.
Now the language for the Catalog Items will be in English.
So the lessons learned here is that when you want English in all views in SCVMM you shall install your Windows Server with English language and regional settings.